Thursday, May 19, 2005

Feministe linked to this post, and I liked it so well, that I'll link to it too. I like the part where she's talking about college passion and anger. I often feel I am strange. Yes, I know a lot of angry black people, but somehow they do not seem strange to me. It's just like "Hi, I am venting my perfectly ordinary and understandable rage!" I guess it's because I am uneasily a bridge. I never did quite feel comfortable with black separateness, and so combined with my social clumsiness, I don't know what to do. Like should I try to work with white folks, or say fuck white people, and interact with blacks solely? (Oddly enough, Asian people and Hispanics keep getting lumped over with blacks in my head. Maybe I mean people of color) On one hand, I don't want to block any good people out, nor be discriminatory. On the other hand, you can't teach a rutabaga to sing, and I'm not a sweet and tactful person anyway. So I guess the rage comes from how crazy and illogical this world is. I have all these huge decisions in front of me, and I'm supposed to choose wisely,and I'm a terrible person if I don't. This is affecting my temper, as I have a naturally nervous temperament.

But anyway, it's good to see that getting really pissed off in college isn't a sign of mental illness. I hope to get really drunk in college soon, as I'll be 21 in less than two weeks. Also I am going to England, and some English people say all they do is get drunk. I'm sure they are exaggerating, but there's got to be beer there,right?

No comments: