Thursday, July 01, 2004

My folk theory of racial relations is evolving. Now I think the fact that white people were conditioned to believe they are rightfully entitled to everything first, that they should never make any sacirfice for society, and then it turns out they have to act like adults, they are shocked.No one ever told them that they'd be expected to do something to make a better society. They were supposed to sit there, and some laws would be changed, and they wouldn't have to do any work. So now that they have to work, they are surprised.


Also, here's a book drive blog. Now that I got my paycheck, I should buy the books to donate to the library. I was thinking of getting bell hook's Outlaw Culture, and maybe something else. Our libraries in Shelby County need some help, and even a little help is better than none.

No comments: