Saturday, July 10, 2004

I can't sleep, so I'll tell amusing anecdotes. Once I nearly fell in a manhole. I was just walking through campus, minding my own business, and somehow, things did not seem right. I looked slightly behind me and to the left, and there was an open manhole cover. I said Oh my god! and a man in a truck laughed at me.

Also, once I was mistaken for a boy. I was shopping with my mother. That day I had twists in my hair, and t shirt and jeans as one can not exactly work in a fancy dress. Anyway, this kid said "Are you a boy or a girl?" I said "girl"

That reminds me of the time I was mistaken for a teenage mother. My cousin's kid was about 1 or 2. I don't remember. Probably 2. Anyway, I was in a little sundry store, and he was following me around and bothering me to buy him candy. A girl said "Is that your little boy?" I said no, as I was about 16 at the time.


Also, once I was mistaken for a doctor. I was at Lebonheur, a children's hospital, and I was wearing a white lab coat, because in this program I was in, we got gnicky white lab coats. I interned at the Mental Health Institute, but we always ate at Lebonheur as there was no crazy people there. Anyway, this man comes in to me. He has working clothes on and an American flag rag on his head and thanks me for all the great work we do here. I'm like I'm not a doctor, but thanks...

Well, that's all the boring anecdotes I have for today. I feel better now.

No comments: