Saturday, January 22, 2005

So I'm watching Real Women have Curves- I really like the scene where they decide to dance around in their underwear- it's just so joyous. Also, I'm on the internet, and so I'm reading feminist rage, and they are talking about these stupid pro ana sites. I hate the very idea. I mean, what's so great about starving yourself to death? I can understand that many of us need a little less pizza and a few more carrots, but let's not over do it. So many people are wasting so much time to be thin! I understand that maybe I'm ignorant-at my smallest I'm a size 1, at my largest, I'm a size 5. But you know, there's got to be a better way to live.

I remember from ninth grade gym when this girl talked about sometimes she puked up her food to try to make her stomach bulge go away and I felt really uncomfortable, but then this awesome athletic girl was like puking up your food isn't cool, and I had a girl crush on that girl just for saying that. I'm sorry, but puking up your food, not eating, exercising to extremes, somehow our society drives people over the edge into these bizarre disorders.

We want to be perfect so much we are killing ourselves. We can't go on like this. This is unstable.

No comments: