Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Well, I do admit that there are some things that I get very shocked if people don't know, even if the knowledge isn't very common. I basically expect everyone my age and older to have a base of knowledge- although much of my knowledge was gained by reading books, magazines and websites outside of the classroom. I guess I think everyone has a basic desire to better themselves, and that if they feel that they don't need to better themselves, they'll at least be quiet when, to use an old phrase, grown folks are talking.

My pet peeve in this is anything about blacks. I'm sorry, but just because you talked to one black doesn't make you educated about all blacks. I'm black, I've read books about blacks, and I've talked to black people, yet I do not feel educated enough about black issues sometimes. Although, I have at least made a good faith effort to learn. Most people spouting racist crap know little besides MLK(that's why his corpse gets raped so much) and maybe about slavery if they are lucky. Yet, they think they are experts. Not knowing anything about basic basic things they need to know if they are going to be decent citizens and make informed choices, they think they know it all.* Sad.


*Note the assumption that blacks are full human beings and important to our country's future, to understand my viewpoint.


Also, it seems that both Shawn Fumo and Michael Blowhard linked my blog. I am super glad about that.

No comments: