Tuesday, January 06, 2004

I read Rich Dad/Poor Dad because my mom thought I should read it. It's ok, but not really the way I prefer to learn. I don't especially care about the history of taxes or the comparative 'guts' levels of rich and poor people. I want to have steps, and why they are a good idea, and no mumbo jumbo about 'feelings'- like how much self esteem you need to have to do this, or whatever. Like if he had said 'so, you put your money in bonds, til it builds up, and then you buy a little investment rental property'(this is probably not sound financial advice) I'd be like woah! and my life would be totally changed.

However, this is one of my peculiarities. As I grow older, and older, I start to desire things I can do to meet my goal, instead of just feeling good about myself, as that's empty without achievement. For example, I like to write, so I'll write and edit, and write queries, instead of writing "I'm a good writer" a hundred times a day, and sometimes acting like I'm a real writer because I keep a blog. So remember- if you want to save the earth, plant a tree- don't write a hundred times a day- 'I"m a warrior for the earth".

No comments: