Monday, January 05, 2004

More link potpourri! Here is a site where you can give livestock to people in the third world. Animals can be an important source of income and protein to the people, and also, they are renewable. I am reminded of an article about fish farming in Haiti. In the article a guy said that a common mistake was to give top of the line equipment that the locals did not know how to fix, and that giving equipment that could be easily fixed was more effective. I guess that's a good idea, but I don't know how these things are implemented.

Here's a essay on intellectual fashions and taboos. I'd like to note that respect for your fellow man never goes out of style. Here's a map of Africa with countries labeled. Africa is a continent, not a country, thank you. Also, I only find this webpage amusing due to the fact that I am extraordinarily juvenile.

No comments: