Saturday, January 17, 2004

I wish I could have been at this protest, but I had class instead. I hope people aren't stupid enough to think that not being able to force their churches' religion on folks in the guise of 'help' is discrimination, but I'm sure they do think that because they don't read. If you don't read, you can't get any useful information whatsoever- it's all going to be 30 second soundbites and oversimplification of the issues. PBS and NPR do try to educate people, but most TV news outlets don't. I'm not saying that all written sources are great, but they have more time to at least talk about the issue in more detail.

Also, free elections for Iraq would fit our stated goal, but not our real one, I guess. I hope there is not any more violence over this. Of course, I know you shouldn't kick over hornet's nests and such, but does Bush know that?

No comments: