Thursday, August 24, 2006

Today's PSAs:

I am trying to get together a group for the chalk art festival on September 9th.

I encourage people to consider a career in rehabilitation counseling, which helps people with disabilities live better lives. There is apparently a shortage of counselors. The University of Memphis offers a summer research fellowship to ethnic minority undergrads.

I also encourage everyone to donate to their local women's clinic. Birth control prices have gone up, causing a budget squeeze for many centers. The morning after pill has been approved for over the counter sale to women over age 18. I would suggest that maybe one could keep a few extra on hand for say, a teen that confides in you that she has had unprotected sex, or a friend who was raped(although I would encourage her to go to the police) Do note that this pill does not cause abortions and works best within 72 hours of the unprotected intercourse.

No comments: