Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I saw My Sassy Girl today. I was a bit nervous about buying a Korean DVD, but luckily, the promised English subtitles were there, although it was slightly strange that the subtitles had explanations of the sound effects, and sometimes, the translation was not grammatically correct. I found the movie itself entertaining. A everyman type character gets dragged into helping a drunk girl on the subway. Hilarity ensues, as the girl ends up slapping him, telling him that she's going to kill him, and ordering him around generally. The couple goes though a lot of wacky hijinks from being threatened by a deserter to the guy sneaking into the girl's class to deliver a rose to her. I laughed a lot. Near the end, I felt really drawn in by the mushy romance part. Recommended.

No comments: