Sunday, August 13, 2006

I actually will answer the book questions:

1) One book that changed your life

Black Boy. It's the book that singlehandedly saved me from oreo hood. I identified with Wright a lot, and thus, never developed the oh woe is me. I am so special attitude. Now that shit drives me nuts.

2) One book you have read more than once?

I read nearly every single book I have more than once. Are there people who don't reread books? Although I got a ton of great Terry Prachett novels from a guy who supposedly doesn't. Anyway, I used to read Invisible Man or Black Boy at least once a year. It's only in my senior year of college that I didn't read either.

3) One book you would want on a desert island?

I have no fucking idea. Why do people ask stuff like that? I'll go with Lilith's Brood, just because.

4) One book that made you laugh?

Uh..I don't know. I'll put the Ivy Chronicles or anything by Terry Prachett

(5) One book that made you cry?

Beloved comes to mind?

(6) One book you wish you had written?

Jane Eyre? It's so great I had like writergasms over every page. But I Wish I Had a Red Dress too, in the more modern era.

(7) One book you wish had never been written?

The Bell Curve. I hate big meanies. *has reverted again* Sorry about that.

(8) One book you are currently reading?

Spindle's End. I swear, I am having fantasygasms over every page of this one too. It's so good. I started it this morning and am only 22 pages in, so time will tell.

9) One book you've been meaning to read?

I've been meaning to read Reading Lolita in Tehran for forever.

10) And tag five bloggers to do this, too.

Ain't! Whoever wants to do this and is dying to be tagged, consider yourself tagged. Create a new meme about movies while you are at it

No comments: