Sunday, August 27, 2006

Idlewild is the best movie ever. I swear the revival of the movie musicial is the best thing since sliced bread. Great songs, and oh, the costuming was great(I want to recreate some of Angel's earrings!) and oh the cinematography- oh, in the big shoot out scene, the light coming through the bullet holes.. that shot was to die for. And yes, it's the best use of special effects in a musical ever. And the best sex scene ever- yay, black love! Run, don't walk to the movie theater. Support black film without buffoonery in it!

*In history notes, I wondered if machine guns were avaliable to the general gangstery at that time. Also, I heard that those sort of ornate photographs of the dead really were a tradition.

*In a sex wars note, I like good brassy whores instead of the whore with a heart of gold type. Glad none of the latter showed their faces in this movie.

No comments: