Tuesday, January 02, 2007

There is a large discussion about inner city kids- bad for wanting sneakers and ipods or just kids who need stuff like food and love. Personally, I have to admit when I was a kid, I would have probably said I wanted a car, especially if I had seen Oprah give her whole audience cars before. And I am sort of confused by the whole school uniforms thing anyway. Here in Memphis, the uniform is something like a white shirt and khaki pants or something. (it varies by school though). It's specifically set up so that it's in the reach of parents. So why would they want a uniform to go to school when most of them have a uniform?

Also, I was reading the republic of T and this article about how boot camps torture and kill kids caught my eye. Note that many teens of color are being caught up in these crazy programs, where they are physically and emotionally abused.

Oh yea, and yet more about Oprah.

Apparently some older black people (i.e. my dad) think whole milk is healthy. It's not.

No comments: