Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I don't get why every single activity has to be feminist approved. Yea, folks don't think BDSM is feminist, so what? Not every single thing I do helps to fight against the patriarchy, but you don't see me writing a long dissertation on how Sailor Moon is *really* feminist because women are fighting or that laughing at the clothing that celebrities wear is feminist because uh..it's really empowering! You know what? Nobody is entitled to a feminist stamp of approval. If other people don't think you're a feminist- think about a)why they might not think that you're a feminist b)why you really want them to all say you're feminist. There are many different types of feminism- it's not like everyone will agree with my view that showing your vagina to random strange men is probably not empowering, but I don't run around crying about it.

No comments: