Friday, December 22, 2006

Aunt B talks about empowerful women in the comments to her post. I think the Pussycat Dolls are a tool of the patriarchy. Instead of simply doing burlesque, where only adults go and ogle the bodies of women, they spread their terrible lyrics where children can hear them. For example Don't Cha is a horrible song- the shitty hook is as follows:

Dont cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me
Dont cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me
Dont cha, dont cha
Dont cha wish your girlfriend was raw like me
Dont cha wish your girlfriend was fun like me
Dont cha, dont cha


Instead of sexual pleasure being centered as something that a woman does for herself, it's being used as a way to compete with another woman. Also, sexual kinkiness here is seen as a method of competiting with other women. That's empowerfulness being sold to our kids here. Because seriously, what adult would listen to this fucking pap?

I think that my next post will be predictions about the future!

No comments: