Sunday, June 20, 2004

This is my 700th post. I just finished watching Freaks and Geeks, so I have some thoughts about it. One interesting part is that it is situated between eras. The 70s have ended, but bits of it are stuck around everywhere- jumpsuits, disco clubs, the fact that there are dead heads hanging around, ugly muscle cars, and dried up hippies as guidance counselors. Signs of the 80s are fading in- George H. W. Bush speaks at their school, ataris are bought, etc. It's probably some sort of high faluting metaphor for how childhood lingers on into adolescence. Pretty lame,eh?

I had only seen one or two episodes of the show from way back, but those episodes were really high quality, so I asked for it for my birthday. What I asked for, I received, and it was great. I wonder about the high sales of shows like this one, My So Called Life, and Family Guy on DVD. Maybe there is an untapped audience that TV execs are ignoring, and that are tuning out because most TV sucks, but hey, what do I know? I'm some chick with a blog.

No comments: