Sunday, June 20, 2004

I finally found John Scalzi's posts about what losers the Confederates were. Read and free your mind.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, here are some tips to make the world a bit better.

Support indie merchants, and media.

Donate to your local library. The library is the best place to free your mind.

Read to a child.

Declare a media fast for a day and get in tune with your life.

Create something new.

Pick up trash.

If you know someone who could use a warm meal, help them out. This is especially important for new mothers.

If your local government is screwing up, write them a letter.

Oppose racism/sexism/classism in the media.

Question your own assumptions. I am relatively richer than many people, but I have good sense enough to know that having money doesn't make you a better person.

Read books.

Yes, this stuff isn't as cool as marching in the streets and setting stuff on fire, but if a lot of people do something small, there can be a big change. At least I think there can be, I'm pretty airheaded lately.




No comments: