Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I got Freaks and Geeks for my birthday, and it is great. I didn't get to see more than half of it on TV, so the first two episodes are episodes I had never seen before. It's got good dynamics starting off. Lindsey wants to be accepted, yet still doesn't want to go too far. Sam just wants to be left alone, but the outside world keeps intruding. In all that, there are crushes that are subject to the typical tensions- Sam likes a cheerleader, but even though Cindy is friendly to him, there's a lot of other boys around and asking. Lindsey might like Daniel, but Kim is always in the way. I always like these tensions in a good drama. It keeps it interesting. And the last dance scene in the first episode is one of the most enjoyable depictions of joy around.

No comments: