Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Yesterday at Ecoseac(The Emory Chapter of the Student Environmental Action Coalition- hey, I did it!) I heard a really informative speaker on transportation- basically, he's with a group that wants to expand transit, get the service and routes on MARTA up again. I might go to some of their meetings- you can get to them on the MARTA. Anyway, I was shocked that in some of the factors that made the MARTA such a bitter issue, he mentioned 'racial overtones'. I was shocked! (I forgot to mention- a white guy) Then I felt kinda mad that I had to be shocked that he decided to actually think about something for 3 seconds.

Anyway, I'm really worried. Like a lot of irrationality can creep into policy because of racism- and it hurts whites too, which is kind of ironic. It's like racism is like taking poison and waiting for the other race to die. If only it only affected their selfish butts and the rest of us didn't have to deal with it I'd be a lot happier. Maybe racism is more like exploding a biological weapon and then waiting for only the other race to die- it's a fucking stupid thing to do. Along with that- you can't stop it by making excuses, so be men/women, and face up to your bad nature.

No comments: