Thursday, September 02, 2004

It seems that there are some shenanigans going on in NYC, on the part of the police. I'd personally be too scared to get anywhere near the police, although my brother was all like I'd love to be in NYC, getting maced by the fuzz, and I'm all like I'm curious, but don't want to go anywhere near the police. For example, this person reports a police officer saying that she was on a 23 hour shift- how clear are they going to be thinking if they are overworked? People tend to forget that at a certain level of sleep deprivation and overwork, which is different for everyone, good sense breaks down...

Also, here are some worrying rumors. I really hope that the part about bystanders getting swept up is made up. I'm not saying that protesters should be detained, but at least they were aware of the possibility, and could plan accordingly.

No comments: