Thursday, September 16, 2004

I'm watching Fruits Basket, and this post may have spoilers. You know, the plot of this anime could be summed up like this Sohmas: We have mental problems. Honda: Sohmas: we're cured! I mean, yes, there is the changing into animals and all, but that's just a fun anime style proxy for any embarrassing secret. The episode I just watched had a badminton game in it. It reminded me of the game in Utena at the end, where everyone was looking up at the sky, and smiling with hope. It certainly makes me feel better. Even if my pants are soaked at the knee, or if I have a stats test I have barely started studying for next Wed, anime is always fun.

Also, I think how Tohru is always smiling and trying to be helpful is a big fat defense mechanism. Trying to ignore her own problems and stuff.

Rightstuf is having another sale, Pioneer(now Geneon(sp?) this time. I love their sales. One day I'm going to have to get all of Fruits Basket. I just borrowed these DVDs, and only had the first one.

No comments: