Monday, August 30, 2004

What's with these people? Their kid isn't potty trained at 3? String them up! She has to have him in an elite pre school, but can't potty train his behind. I think her priorities are messed up here.

Remember Chris Rock's quip about how he is more scared of Al Cracker than Al Queda? With nut jobs like this running around, I fear it won't be a joke anymore. At least our government is against crazy Muslims blowing up our towers, but crazy white folk? Well...

Sweet action! Sabrina got a manga makeover. Also, it's good to see young female cartoonists getting a shot! People who bitch about manga don't understand how big a groundswell of fandom this is. This whole thing is giving them the new artists that are going to be creating comics after the fanboy generation dies off. Superhero comics no longer speak to the children of today. Even I didn't care when I was a kid. But manga- that was something I could get behind. Everyone will be making manga theirs, and therefore comics will be theirs, as manga is comics, something that many people forget. It's cute to have an exclusive club, but I'd like to see more diversity in comics.


Also, I don't think I've linked this cute little mini essay (warning: Utena spoilers, possible triggering for rape survivors) about Anthy and her possible goddesshood.

No comments: