Wednesday, August 18, 2004

"Do you think 'Gee, I'm a white male? I am the essence of what is to be. Everyone else is just a variation on that" - Phoebe Glockner to Gary Groth. This is a pretty asute observation, after we notice that the majority of the world's population does not consist of whites, or even of males, I don't think.

This website is full of nice drawings of women, but does this guy have to rely on ethnic stereotypes? I'm sorry, but this is 2004, no one needs to rely on the old 'exotic' foreigner thing anymore. It seems that Alan Keyes is talking about reparations. I agree with the need, but I would do things differently. In my plan, there would be plenty of grants for learning about African history, culture, and languages. There would be African History museums, and every child would know how all cultures contributed to the making of this country. Every black child would be entitled to special afterschool lessons on test preparation, entrepreneurship, how to get into college,( and colleges would be required to recruit from these programs) , how to network, get an internship, and many other important lessons. I wonder what organizations are out there fighting for similar suggestions?

No comments: