Thursday, August 19, 2004

Well, today I went to Davis Kidd, a bookstore in Memphis, which apparently only has one location. Before it seemed a bit dinky, but they had remodeled, making the store more attractive. They had a lot of trinkets and stuff, so I got a nice big journal, for when I run out of the journal I am going to write in after my current journal , which sounds weird unless you consider that I journal like at least once a day, and this does not count this blog, and a big sketchbook, since I seem to be running out of pages in my old one lately. I also got Parable of the Sower, since Parable of the Talents was so good. I also got Persepolis, because I have heard a lot of good things about it. I considered Shutterbox, as I like to support American 'manga' artists, but will get it later. I also got a book called Statistics for the Utterly Confused, which I picked from a selection of statistics books shown to me by a helpful clerk. It seemed to have the most practice problems, with actual numbers, instead of just asking you about the concept. Why would you care about the concept at all? That's not going to be what they are testing you over, so why waste time?

Speaking of manga, I did not know that Viz had the rights to the Here is Greenwood manga. Although I don't like to preorder much. If I want to spend money, I want to get the item like right then, not wait. But for more mature customers, I'm sure this is welcome.

In other news, Iraqi Olympic team members do not appreciate being used as propaganda tools for the Bush administration.

No comments: