Sunday, August 29, 2004

(Time to spoil Utena again!)

So, this time around, I had my questions answered. It was Akio all the time. Also, I really like this show as it uses shoujo archetypes in a nice, creative way. There is Juri, the tragic lesbian. Utena, both the wide eyed innocent, and the manly girl that is idolized by all. There is of course, the tale of true friendship, that conquers all. This, to me, is the true core, and of course, everyone loves art that represents their longings. There is the girl who gathers the male harem- Utena, of course. What I like about anime in general is the fact that it's not afraid to show passion, and be sincere. While the story of the prince is shown to be an illusion, it's not in a mocking way. But of course, I'm still sort of silly, I guess.

No comments: