Thursday, August 12, 2004

I want this shirt. It's good to see people working hard at business/politics.

This article is pretty interesting, but I think it is a bit naive. The racist people aren't racist because no one decide to dialougue with them about their illogical beliefs- it's because they choose to be deluded by them in the first place. The reason she can throw off the false beliefs she internalized from the society is because she doesn't want them as badly as most whites do. I mean, I could see a very young white person using the excuse that they haven't been dialouged with, but after a certain age, you are old enough to examine yourself.

I don't think anyone is an innocent victim of the media- no one makes you believe that just because you saw one black person in a movie once, all blacks are like that. No one bars you from the library. No one makes you make stupid illogical assumptions. They are racist because they get something out of it.

Society is powerful, but you can say no. I don't feel the compassion for people who have the whole world at their fingertips, but choose to only ingest lies. Of course, the big reason I don't care about their little lack of good sense is because I have to work really hard to prove myself, and they get to sit around and live in their little fantasy world where them and only them are entitled to anything good in life. They just coast on their asses, and talk down on the rest of us. So like fuck them, fuck them in their fucking ears. If they want to be considered human, they should have to have sense first!

I'm sick of seeing people flaunt their ignorance, and act like it's someone else's job to teach them something. No, you take fucking responsibilty for yourself. I mean, many of you are willing to kill women over this personal responsibilty thing, but god forbid you open a book.


No comments: