Saturday, August 28, 2004

Fantastic has a good fake chicken ramen soup. I wonder if they have real chicken ramen soup, I'd buy it. While enjoying lifestyle consumerism, I'd like to say I like shea and cocoa butter lotion. It's really great.

In other news, yesterday I wondered what was with the car free day sign in the window of the bicycle shop. Apparently, for Atlanta, it's September 22nd. It has to do with reclaiming our lives from the automobile" I don't know about that, but walking or biking to places that aren't too far away, or using public transportation when you can is a good idea. Do you really have to pollute the whole planet to go one block down, you know?

Also, I learned of the Critical Mass protest, which was bigger than usual, as people started to protest against the President. It's good to see people doing something, even if it's just biking in the street. Here are some guy's pictures from this event.

Race Traitor continues to be good-I'll describe the stories I liked best. I liked the story in which the man gets the 'colored' newspaper, and when hassled says 'you must think I'm white". I also liked the prison riot story in which the guards tried to put the whites up against the blacks, but they wouldn't do it, and a different view of the LA Riots(here called the LA Rebellion), which it was a multicultural race/class riot against oppression. The story in which the white woman dates a black guy is lackluster, but contains a good quote "Maybe we know ourselves from the deaths we choose".

No comments: