Saturday, October 20, 2007

Megan Julca writes a very good post informing us all Cheerful shannon says we can all fight against oppression! Also, megan notes she is attacking bigoted feminists- which is a good point. Just because one is a feminist does not in fact mean you're not also a privileged dick head. I'm sometimes one, so I put my big girl panties on and try to learn something.

A big problem I also see is that one or two transpeople act like dicks, and all the sudden, all transpeople are bad. Just because you're an oppressed minority doesn't mean you're not a dick.

And as a rad fem, I'm not anti-sexworker. I'm just not "Hey! black girls are being trafficked and abused by grown ass men! That's sooooo ~~~liberating~~~~". The sex industry has many faces and focusing on the white rich face of the happy hooker obscures the faces of those desperate to survive, those tricked, those trafficked, those victimized.

No comments: