Friday, October 12, 2007

I'm going to try to post things! I think living here is good for my radical feminism, because the coercive nature of femininity is pretty apparent. There's no thin veneer of 'it's OK not to be feminine' to confuse you. Women get paid less, and are expected to do more. arghles! I was going to write a nice long post, but my racismometer has started flashing!

We must read this amazing article by Kai now! But hey, look! It's my blog father!! best black stuff link blogger ever! Oh wait? They forced a woman out of a bathroom for not adhering to gender norms? Hell to the naw!

anyway, as I was saying, we need to denaturalize and politicize beauty. It's not just women all hate body hair and men don't or that it is a natural part of being a woman to be mainly concerned with appearance. Once we do that, we can fuck up the greater burdens.

Let's also fuck up the whole women do tons of housework, childcare and stuff thing while we're at it.

No comments: