Monday, May 21, 2007

Looking for jobs is haaard, and making fun of the stupid is easy. Look at this silly comment:

This kind of divisiveness hurts us. And it drives away young women of all races and classes who feel that such discussions, with nothing more, serve little useful purpose. I actually have a rather extensive background in feminist philosophy and politics (political philosophy major with a gender studies focus, plus my own reading) but I remember what it was like to think “feminist” was a label I wanted to avoid. I had no problem with the criticisms of Jessica’s book, nor did I have any problem with Jill addressing them and putting forth her own view. This is the kind of healthy debate that both people new to *and* seasoned in feminist thought can appreciate. What disappoints me now, and what would’ve driven me away 6 or 8 years ago when I was first really exposed to feminist theory, is everyone getting on Jill’s case and then Jill backing down. It only serves to reinforce the notion that there is only room for one type of feminist, and that’s the radical, man-hating, beauty-forsaking stereotype.

LOL! Because some women of color talking about racism is totally about some chick not being properly feminine enough! Yea, that's what it's all about!

Ok, little light actually has an intelligent comment, unlike me.

No comments: