Monday, March 24, 2008

On To The Point today, some guy was talking about how we are looking for the Muslim moderate that is defined by America- an American loving, English speaking, suit wearing, Israel loving guy who just wants a beer and some pepperoni pizza. Dave Neiwert skewers the white America version of this: the search for a black person who doesn't care about all that slavery and segregation and not getting a cab stuff, and only wants to talk about how every black person on the planet is horrid, and how white folks are getting a raw deal because my mom once said peckerwood. I mean, there's a few out there- getting lucrative book deals and airtime on national tv, but if you want the whole black community to support your party/cause/whatever, focusing on a few stuffed suits getting over on their dark skin and self hatred isn't going to get you where you need to go.

I'm middle class, I'm educated, and I have to admit the last person I feel sorry for is some rich white dude who got told not to call folks the n word.

No comments: