Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ok, on NPR, I was hearing about the 'allegations'[a word from Mississippi public broadcasting's announcement: up next, international and national news, and allegations of racism in South Carolina] of racism in South Carolina. And then I switched on the News Hour, and I have to admit, folks talking about race and religion, which I have now muted? I don't want a conversation about race. I don't want to hear the same excuses about how white people somehow don't know that it's wrong to handcuff people to cars[BULLSHIT.] I don't want to hear about how if we all sit together and bake a cake out of rainbows, everything will be solved. I don't want to hear whining about how straight up murder is the same as black people sitting in schools and learning stuff. I don't need that crap.

No comments: