Saturday, March 24, 2007

Shannon's brain has melted. It's so hot.

Brownfemi is fighting against racism. I don't see how blackamazon can even think nowadays, let alone type, but her writing is good lately. I don't feel like talking about anything important, like my sense of the outlines of the situation in Zimbabwe, so I'm going to give you my thoughts on why nobody thinks video girls are empowering. It's because we don't got time for that BS. White women can get away with saying that showing their naughty bits to people and talking about how we should listen to the children is really hard hitting activism. We can't. If I wrote a post, say, on blackfolks, claiming to be uplifting the black community by showing my buttcheeks to all and sundry and smiling indulgently at small black children, I'd really get it, as folks demand some sort of accountability about things. It's like the guy I heard on NPR once. He wanted to hear what works. He didn't want to hear what makes us feel good or what is fun.

Also: major feminist blog has post on women of color, but it is framed by the Brad Pitt story. A white woman writes a poem about feminism.

No comments: