Friday, November 12, 2004

An outraged classmate of mine read this article out loud, and I nearly passed out in shock.(Not because she was shocked about our school looking snobby, but not real issues, of course) I didn't even know that Seven was a brand name until I read the article for my self. However $150 for jeans?! I've been beating my self up for spending a lot of money on clothes, but I've been getting handmade clothes that are unique for less than $50 or designer brand clothes(like Tripp, etc) for less than $30. It takes me about 2 or 3 outfits to get up to $150, sometimes even 4. I can see paying a bit more for clothes that are handmade and unique, but just getting regular old jeans? Maybe it's because of my anti pants bias, but how can a pair of jeans be worth $150? Are they made of gold or something?

I like expensive fashion and all- I love this shop. However, note the dresses that are cheaper than the jeans the girls are buying, and they are all custom made clothing. I don't see how you can get custom made clothes from a designer(apparently) less expensively than regular old jeans! It just blows my mind. I love clothes and since high school I have been spending like $200 a year on clothing,and I thought I was doing good- I love clothes. Of course, I've always been a bit of a clearence shopper, and my clothing buying binge has mostly been ebay, which I love. I got this dress which was on clearence for $11, for $9, $14 w/ shipping. Since it was an online clearence I would have paid more with Hot Topic's high shipping. This dress is brand name item with good styling. You don't have to pay an arm and a leg for clothes, people! Give me a break.

No comments: