Monday, November 01, 2004

I somehow reread Rush Limbaugh, Newspeak and Fascism, well, at least part one, and you know, the word racism has also transformed. Instead of being the real lived experience of blacks and other people of color, it has become some bizarre theorectical thing- like Saturday at a party, I was like "You're white!" to a guy(I had drank too much and my list of obvious characteristics had dwindled) and that is racist in that bizzaro definition, but not that millions of black kids are being tracked below their ability. In the bizzaro definition, it's apparently racist to try to repair any damages that real world racism has caused.

The more I look at people, the more I see that everyone lives in different realities. But how much people's realities are real, I don't know. I know that I probably am a bit scared of people out of proportion to reality, but just how out of proportion? By scared of people, I mean I'm the type who is very quiet and shys away from others when feeling bad. I also am very nervous. How did my bizzare personal problems end up in this?! Oh well, that sucks for you, the blog reader. I have to do shitty stats homework today, but a winner is me because I don't have another stats test til the 17th.

No comments: