Monday, November 29, 2004

I am shocked that Tom Brokaw noticed that he had white skin privilege. Like most whites think that their lives have to be perfect and wonderful before they can say "hey, I got privilege" but it's not so much your life being all candy and ice cream, as just a little edge on certain things. Also, you get free reign to some things, like having temper tantrums over stupid stuff. Blacks aren't allowed to whine about real issues, let alone whether they can go around calling people insulting names. I wish I had that Ampersand comic where the white guy is like "There's a lot of nice, non racist reasons that I want to call black people the n word", because that one was really funny.

Also, some Koreans are talking about possible cures from umbilical cord stem cells. I seriously think we should research the whole kabang. Worrying about stem cells and abortions is just another bunch of a mess they use to control people. If the religious right cared about babies as much as they claimed- they wouldn't be for blowing kids up in Iraq, and would actually care about poor mothers.

No comments: