Sunday, February 01, 2004

A pet peeve of mine is when people trap you in a no win. For example, a no win for me would be someone saying "Become a doctor!". The reality is that I'm bad at math, I made a C- in Chemistry, that I don't even like blood, screaming babies or other gross things that come out of the body. Of course, a sane person wouldn't care if I did not just throw myself off a cliff when they say 'jump', because that's just the definition of a sane person- someone who has sense enough to realize certain things- such as reality. But others will get mad at you if you start invoking reality. So you're trapped- either ruin your life and your GPA or displease the person and get punished. Of course, I tend to lean towards the least punishment, but please, realize if you are doing this.

About reality- I know a guy with bad luck. I do not know him well, but I am curious about his job situation. You see, he was a CS major, so the job market bust was especially hard- since I'm a psych major, I don't really expect to be making anything or to get anything but scorn from the general populace, but it was different just a few years ago for CA majors. You could get your CS degree, get a job, and start being treated decently. Now it's bust. This guy has bad luck, remember? So he's working at Blockbuster so he can pay rent, but the Blockbuster he works at is closing. So what he'll do, I don't know. This has just been a slice of reality.

Also, panic attacks may be caused by differences in the brain, not by 'being a goddamned pussy"

No comments: