Sunday, February 01, 2004

How can we turn the tides against anti intellectualism? I have no clue.

But I do know how you can avoid the awfulness of Cyborg 009! Don't watch this putrid piece of crap. From the five episodes I have watched, the plot seems absolutely generic- put some cyborgs together, put in some angst about being forced to become cyborgs, and mores the pity. The character are also cardboard- "Oh, look at me. I'm the Girl, I cry a lot, and also whine' "Oh, I'm the fire breathing one. I like food". Yea, I can't remember their names. Not to mention, in this marathon, I assume the episodes are supposed to occur in chronological order, but it was often hard figuring out how they fit together. Like at the end of one episode, they'd be at the bottom of a cave, and in the next, they'd be chilling at some old dude's house. Not to mention, the dialogue was complete bull- too much exposition crap. It was so bad, I assumed that it was some horrid American effort to cash in on the anime boom. but no, it's an actual anime. Don't watch!

No comments: