Friday, February 27, 2004

My computer is back up as far as I can see. Also, general themes in why I am fucked up:

1) Worry about the economy: I want a job that isn't retail so I won't be driven crazy by customers from hell, but how am I going to do that with all the decent jobs leaving?

2)Worry about how to balance what is supposed to be and what actually is: We're supposed to not care about what others think, but then we're encouraged to network. Huh? The customer is always right, but the customer is often wrong

3)Worry about the culture: There doesn't seem to be any room for someone who isn't a total success. You hear it in the rhetoric all the time- those lazy poor folks deserve their condition. But I'll tell you what, I bust my ass, and don't have half the success that some folks who are just coasting have

4) Worry about money: Nuff said

5)Worry about blame: we don't have partial blame in this culture. It is all the fault of the least poweful person. Like if it's 99% one person's fault, and 1% another person's fault, the least popular, attractive, mean, or rich of the two gets blamed

No comments: