Tuesday, July 01, 2003

I'm finishing up my essay, and man, am I tired. I'm not one of those people who can work all day, and then work extra at night, and still be chipper. However, I'm doing my best to get a little scholarship, even if I'm not bringing down mad cash. First semester of freshman year, my finances would have been doomed except for a well timed check for $250. Most people's parents give them money when they go off to college, but mine expect me to work with the amount of money I already have. It's not like it is hard, since I have a meal plan and student housing, and work study, but I take pride in not blowing all my cash like many people do. I am pretty aware that I am not a golden child, and am not going to be pulling in six figures, so it makes sense for someone like me to learn how to keep their cash in order. If you wanted a point, you're not going to get one, but remember, it's not how much money you make, it's how much you keep.

No comments: