Saturday, July 12, 2003

I watched a movie yesterday, and let me tell you, I feel much better about not going to the movies very often. I don't require movies to be all deep and nuanced, although that is a plus. But watching Pirates of the Caribbean, all I wanted the protagonists to do is to jump in a lake. There was all this dire danger and daringdo, but no reason for me to care about it.

That's all I really want from a movie-to feel some emotional reaction. I want to laugh, I want to cry, I want to be completely engrossed in that movie from beginning to end. I want to worry about the characters and hope they get their goals. Anything less, and I might watch it on TV, but not pay for it.

I really need to watch a good full blooded movie, with a strong plot and interesting characters, and jokes that are funny and drama that's dramatic. I really can't stand the summer.

No comments: