Sunday, July 06, 2003

I don't know how I feel about retro. On one hand, I hope that the stores start selling dresses with nice full circular skirts, even for small sized women since I can never find anything in my size, seriously. I don't want to look like a skanky 13 year old, I want to look like a very short adult, thank you. I've seen a few of these in stores, but only stores where all the dresses cost more than $50, or stores that only stock from size 6- I guess if you're under, you have to dress like a fucking whore,eh? But, isn't it time for something new?

A whole new aesthetic would be nice. Romantic has played out, hoochie has played out, dressing like your mother, father or grandparents has played out. It's supposedly a new beginning, but fashion is so dull these days, even with my clothes mania. I guess the good fashion hasn't yet difused down to my level, but still..

No comments: