Friday, July 06, 2007

Oh, shannon can't resist a response! This is why I'll never be a success- poor impulse control! Due to my poor impulse control, I note that telling tales of woe often comes across as trolling for attention, even though you don't mean it that way. Being a negative person, I can understand bitching, moaning, and complaining. This can be good, and fun. But I don't know. It's a tough pattern because the person gets both the attention,positive and negative, that they want, and so the pattern sort of feeds on itself. People using political arguments for personal validation gives me a feeling that isn't comfortable. I mean, we all do it- I don't like making up convoluted reasons for things so I tend to avoid political philosophies that include convoluted reasoning. But on the other hand, I don't feel comfortable with this dynamic.

It's hard to stop a dynamic even when you're aware of it, even as I note my meanness and lack of impulse control, I am having difficulty. But on the other hand, don't humans tend to judge others more harshly than themselves? Can we change dynamics? Well, intrapersonally, one part of me is yelling "make everyone be friends" the other part is yelling "hehehe, let's make up mean things about people!" The latter is stronger since the former is like engineering an end to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Well, here's a bonus game thing for those following along at home:

In the first stage of this game, the victim goes among the persecutors. The predictable happens. Then the victim reports her tale of woe to the audience. The audience gives her positive strokes. This cycle goes on and on until strokeless ladies are annoyed, saying things like enjoy your strokes or else! Did you know that starving children in Africa are being ignored when they tell their tales of woe?


I enjoy making up mean psychological theories about people so don't mind me. At least this is better than the livejournal version in which people live in a world in which they are continuously pwning the fools who shove their babies/fatness/hatred of gothic lolitas in their faces with witty speeches reported in play format for all to enjoy.

No comments: