Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I have a new fun thing I want to do.I like the idea of games and I want to make some up myself. Note: do NOT think this has any validity for reality ever. I just like making up fun names for things people do that I don't like.

Many of these games have been 'discovered' before- another name for scandal is let you and them fight. I use the name "Scandal" for the game which goes as follows: Say your 'enemy'(it doesn't have to be anyone in particular) has been saying something horrible. Everyone feels better by bashing the enemy, and feels closer to each other having vanquished the shared enemy. This game can be played by a huge number of people at the same time.

The Etsy Threat- Named for a great handmade site, but I don't think I've ever heard this sort of phrase more often than there "I wouldn't buy from anyone who disagrees with me/isn't in the sort of mood I want/makes jokes on forums/is against racism" Intended to frighten people into the desired behavior, this ploy may frighten a few of the newbs, giving the threatener a sense of power, and another way this ploy can satisfy the threatener is that the oldbies will release snark, letting the threatener feel OH so persecuted.

No comments: