Wednesday, February 12, 2003

Yesterday it seemed that the network was down and I could not log on. So today may have a lot of entries. With that said, yesterday, I read thisarticle. It's nothing really in itself, just another attempt to make people feel bad about how they are. The whole thrust of this article is "Well, if you aren't having sex, you are hopelessly inadequate."

What's with that attitude in society? If Newton was alive today, people would be like "Well, great job with that calculus thing, but I hear you haven't got laid yet!" What is WITH that? I'll come home, and the first thing that people ask me is not "Are you getting good grades in school?" or "Are you volunteering in the community?" but "Do you have a boyfriend?"

This annoys me because getting an education and helping worthy causes is certainly more important than calling some dude snuggly bear, but people's priorities are so messed up. Of course, like everyone else complaining about this, I am a bit hypocritical. I tend to measure myself by society's yardstick, which totally sucks because say, a society valued activity would be getting drunk. However, I don't like loud noises, am afraid of drunks, and am very shy, so I certainly cannot do such things. But I feel bad if I'm not doing them. So basically my head gets all mixed up in circles.. Uh..this is starting to make no sense, I should shut up now.

No comments: