Saturday, February 01, 2003

It seems that today's post has been eaten. Maybe it was too long, I don't know. I am pissed because it took a great long time to write. Summary: Columbia astronaut's families: good luck with the grieving. Also, we don't have as much control over our fate as we think we do, the past informs the future, and yea, I refuse to be chipper in the face of unfairness. While I'm sure everyone would have been edified by those thoughts, I'll replace them all with a helpful link. Freaks and Geeks was a great TV show, about the lives of teens that weren't the prom queens and star football players of the school. It captured the lives of teens in unpopular cliques in a way unseen since My So Called Life. Of course it was canceled, there weren't enough hot pin up people and wish fulfillment fantasies in it. However, its creators have started a petition (yea, I know, about net petitions and all, but hey, it worked for My So Called Life) to bring it back on DVD. If you like to see high quality shows about teens instead of dreck, sign on here. Thanks.

No comments: