Monday, February 03, 2003

Dude, comics are tasty for the people. The Feburary Previews catolog is showing a lot of new tastiness, although I never did get the previews system. You preorder the comics beforehand? Huh? I guess I came in too late to really get it, and also, comics are sort of an extension of my book habit, making me wish they'd just say when the book is really going to be for sale instead of having you preorder it months in advance. At least we have Amazon.com now, so I don't have to shop in a comics shop and learn all the confusing previews codes or whatever. Ninth Art breaks it down right here
The stuff I want is a long list. There's soft cover Jimmy Corrigan. I've wanted this for over a year, but hardcover GNs? Yea, how am I going to pay for that? Sweatshop from Peter Bagge,the Hate creator seems to be interesting, but it's a pamphlet comic, so.. Likewise is another tasty comic disqualified for its pamphletness, it's much harder to keep pamphlets neat.
Orbiter has a good pedigree with Warren Ellis and Colleen Doran working on it; I loved Doran'sA Distant Soil. The Spiral Cage is a GN about a guy's struggles with spinal bifida, I am intrigued, but will probably forget by the time it's really out. Also James Kochalka's sequel to Monkey Vs Robot is slated to be out. And this does not include manga. So many good comics, so little time!

No comments: