Friday, February 07, 2003

It seems the terror warning level has been raised. That could mean anything from we are all in terrible danger to an important White House person sneezed funny. No need to have a panic attack over it,eh?

I am on page 537 of Infinite Jest. It's a big book, about a thousand pages detailing several stories with the biggest threads being one about the ETA, a tennis academy, which I don't remember what the E stands for, some people's adventures in the Boston AA, and Quebecois separatists searching for a video tape that is so pleasurable, it kills. Rather interesting, if a mite self indulgent at times. Deep and arty people say it is about our society's addiction to pleasure, or something, but as I am not such, I'll keep my mouth shut. I myself have had it since Christmas (gift) and have only made it that far. Then again, I read Pink Think,Prozac Nation, and a zillion graphic novels between then and now.

No comments: