Wednesday, February 19, 2003

Because I watched the last episode of Nadesico, I feel energized enough to tell some strange stories. My favorite strange story lately is about a student at a small private college. He was in South Africa, and he didn't know much about the culture, or even much of the local language. So logically, he decides to go and try to pick up a whore for his report or whatever.

So he goes around, sniffing around in a bad area in a strange city, alone, and encounters this guy sitting on the corner. And of course, logically, he starts asking him where he can get a whore. He then goes off with this guy and walks for about forty-five minutes with a guy who he doesn't know, could have a weapon and is so desperate he offered to blow the dude.

So then this naive kid finds his whore. So he decides to interview her in some strange hotel for a while and then go out and meet all her drug addled racist friends, naturally. I never did hear what happened to him after that, but I'm sure he went on to more totally safe adventures.

The appeal of this story to me is the total moronity of the guy involved. He didn't even use the buddy system or learn the local language, he just decides he can go into the underworld himself. While I'm aware that I'm not a total hardened street smart person, at least I know better than that. I hope this story was entertaining.

No comments: