Sunday, February 23, 2003

How to save lives- cut off the fucking lights. Damn it, we're going to go and kill some folks over oil, you know. And don't drive the five seconds to the store. Don't waste the mother fucking gas. Yea, you. I know most of you are apathetic to anything that doesn't involve beer and boobies, but that's exactly why humanity sucks. People aren't even willing to do token efforts like turning off the goddanmed lights when the light coming in the windows is so damned bright that you're near blinded off it. I hate college students today.

Yea, there are decent college students who actually do something that doesn't involve getting massively drunk and fucking, but the majority- just write off the youth of America. We're all fucked. Too bad the only people who will realize this are the people who already are awake. If you're already one of the one percent that care about anything besides TV, you're doing something. Nothing that any one can do will make the people who can't see beyond the next weekend care about doing anything in the long term. That's why America is lousy with credit card debt- we can't see beyond the trends of the moment to see whether the shit we're buying will last.

We can't wait, and we can't think. When our society is destroyed because of our own short sight, we'll all be asking what happened. If we all just had a LITTLE more sense, so many problems could be averted, it makes me sick. I'm sure I'm short sighted at times, but at least I try to do something decent for a fucking change. If everyone was mindful occasionally, so much of the problems could be averted. But being mindful is too much work. You have to think.

I'm not saying I'm Ms. Shining Light of The Mother Fucking World, but at least I'm aware that being wasteful is a fucking waste. People who try to help the environment, I applaud you. People who try to help others, thank you. But your efforts can not win out against the majority, I am sorry.

No comments: